Cyprus Audiology Center is directed by Dr. Chryssoula Thodi. Cyprus Audiology Center main activities include detection, diagnosis, and rehabilitation of hearing and balance disorders. Industrial Audiology and Hearing Conservation have been recently added to our activity portfolio, upon award of a United Nations Development Project.
Our equipment, software, and personnel skills are being constantly updated. Our personnel are experienced in support of clinical activities, technical support for hearing devices, as well as management of research and clinical data. In collaboration with the Center for Preventive Pediatrics, CAC has participated in projects funded by the Cyprus Research Promotion Foundation, and a project funded by the Norwegian Financing Mechanism.
- Ph.D. from Kent State University
- Director of Cyprus Audiology Center; Consultant Audiologist of the Cyprus Newborn Hearing Screening Program; Associate Professor of Audiology, Speech Pathology Graduate Program Coordinator, European University Cyprus; Investigator in Adult and Childhood Hearing research projects funded by the Cyprus Research Promotion Foundation and European Union.
- Aural and vestibular rehabilitation, Early Intervention, Research methodology, Electrophysiology of Hearing and Balance
- Work days
- Monday to Friday by appointment only
Dr. Chryssoula Thodi is a fellow of the American Academy of Audiology, clinically certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. Dr. Thodi received her Ph.D. from Kent State University. She is an Associate Professor of Audiology at the European University Cyprus, and the consultant audiologist to the Cyprus Universal Newborn Hearing Screening Program, having supported the implementation of the program since its inception.
Dr. Thodi has extensive experience in diagnosis of infant hearing loss, and early hearing intervention. She implemented the Adult Hearing screening program throughout Cyprus, with over 3000 people tested.
Her expertise in selecting and fitting appropriate amplification and her compassionate counseling offered to hearing aid users and families lead to highly successful hearing interventions. Dr. Thodi has been actively involved in audiology research, teaching, and clinical practice for over twenty years.
Her clinical and research interests include hearing assessment for infants, children and adults, physiological measures of auditory function, aural rehabilitation with technology and counseling, diagnosis and rehabilitation of vestibular disorders, and auditory processing disorders.
Konstantinos Katsaros (Kostas) has a Master in Engineering. Kostas is a dynamic part of our customer support services. He provides after sale service, with continuous follow up to keep our hearing aids and customers up to date, with the best hearing technology can provide. He has received specialized training in the software and hardware used in CAC, both in administrative, financial, and technical support of our operations
Κostas’ responsibilities include
- Improvement of customer experience to create engaged customers.
- taking ownership of customer issues and following through to resolution.
- Developing service procedures, policies and standards
- Service quality control
- Record keeping and documenting customer services
- Stock management
- Maintenance of orderly workflow in the office
- Electronic management of client files
- Processing insurance claims and government subsidies
- Data integrity management to maximize interaction opportunities to with CAC clients
- In-house hearing aid service and small repairs